The National Farm to School Network (NFSN) is seeking partner organizations in all 50 states, Washington, D.C., and U.S. Territories (American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands) to serve as Core Partners during 2017-2019 in the next phase of farm to school and ECE growth and evolution. Organizations and agencies from all 50 states, Washington, D.C., and U.S. Territories interested in and capable of contributing to the advancement of farm to school and ECE are encouraged to apply. We are specifically seeking Core Partners who will contribute to network development, information sharing, and policy development. NFSN will support the activities undertaken by Core Partners through structured opportunities for peer learning and integration of on-the-ground activities into a coordinated national movement for all 50 states, Washington, D.C., and U.S. Territories with the goal of advancing and institutionalizing farm to school and ECE across the nation. Core Partners will demonstrate capacity to accomplish the following measurable outcomes:
- Development of a robust, multi-sectoral (e.g., agriculture, health, education) farm to school and ECE network in one of the 50 states, Washington, D.C., or U.S. Territories;
- Leveraging of policy opportunities to advance farm to school and ECE;
- Securing agency support through farm to school and ECE coordinator positions/responsibilities and dedicated funding;
- Identification of additional and diversified sources of funding for farm to school and ECE; and
- Providing equitable access to farm to school and ECE information and resources for all children and communities.
Grant awards will range from $4,000 to $12,000 based on need and farm to school and ECE growth potential over the 2017-2019 timeframe. All selected Core Partners will receive a $4,000 award (Level 1 grants). Additional support of up to $8,000 (Level 2 grants) will be allocated to a subset of selected Core Partners representing high-need areas of the country (maximum of 14 awards) with readiness for engagement in the work. This application serves as the Request of Applications for both Level 1 and Level 2 support. Applicants need to demonstrate a 100% match for receiving Level 1 support at the time of application, and an additional 100% match for Level 2 support if selected.
For more information, click here.