4350 N. Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Arlington, VA 22203
COSDA Vice President
COSDA Liasion to NASDA
NASDA Liasion to COSDA
What is COSDA?
- Communication Officers of State Departments of Agriculture (COSDA) is an affiliate and supporting partner of the National Association of State Departments of Agriculture (NASDA) that is composed of the communications officers of each state’s department of agriculture.
- The mission of COSDA is to improve communication between states and relevant federal agencies.
- By crafting and delivering key messages, COSDA promotes the nation’s agriculture industry, consumer protection initiatives and regulatory policies to the public, media, constituents and lawmakers.
- COSDA is a great, low-cost professional network that provides well-rounded insights into common issues facing communication professionals at state departments of agriculture.
To achieve these objectives, COSDA has a variety of connection points for the communications professionals in your department:
- Conference calls with federal partners on issue-specific topics as needed (USDA and FDA),
- Timely e-mails sharing information about media attention to a specific issue, and
- Annual meeting to provide professional development, strengthen interstate relationships and promote agricultural awareness.
- The annual COSDA meeting offers an opportunity for members to meet face-to-face to discuss timely issues and receive powerful professional development.
- In recent years, members have received training in homeland security communication, biosecurity issues, social media, message mapping, video production, crisis communications and other job-specific skills.
- Please take a minute to talk to your communications director and staff about the value of being involved in COSDA.
- Full membership is only $100 per year and $50 per year for associate memberships.
- If they’re not currently members, encourage them to join.
- If your communications staff is already active in COSDA, please support their continued involvement through active participation in the monthly conference calls and attendance at the annual meeting.