400 South Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0800
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services supports and promotes Florida agriculture, protects the environment, safeguards consumers, and ensures the safety and wholesomeness of food. Our programs and activities are so varied and extensive, they touch the life of just about every Floridian.
Here are some of the many ways we are working for you:
- We protect Florida’s livestock, honey bees and crop plants from pests and diseases.
- We promote Florida’s 300 agricultural commodities across America and around the world.
- We help farmers implement best management practices to conserve water and prevent water pollution.
- We assist businesses and residents in the safe and proper use of pesticides.
- We manage over a million acres of state forest land for multiple uses, including timber, wildlife habitat and recreation.
- We fight wildfires to protect lives and property.
- Through regulation and mediation, we safeguard consumers from unlawful and deceptive business practices.
- We’re the state’s clearinghouse for consumer concerns. Our call center analysts answer questions, provide information and help resolve complaints.
- We assist Florida’s schools in serving more than a million healthful meals each day, providing our students with the sustenance they need to succeed.
- We inspect grocery stores and convenience stores for cleanliness and safety.
- As Florida’s lead agency for food safety, we analyze more than 15,000 food samples each year. Our scientists test for toxins, allergens, chemical contaminants, pesticide residues, food additives and fraudulent formulations.