February 20, 2019 - February 21, 2019
Westin Arlington Gateway
801 North Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22203
NASDA Foundation and USDA Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) hosted the 2019 Specialty Crop Block Grant Program State Coordinators Conference on February 20 - 21, 2019 in Arlington, VA. The conference had over 70 attendees, including state coordinators from 37 states and AMS national and regional staff.
The two-day conference provided state department of agriculture staff with in-depth sessions on grant monitoring, evaluation, working with sub-awardees, and applicant training tools. Attendees had the opportunity to network with peers across the country and connect with USDA AMS staff who provided technical support.
Special Thanks to USDA Agricultural Marketing Service
Many thanks to the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service for generously sponsoring the conference. We appreciate AMS's continued support of the SCBGP state coordinators.
We would also like to thank the SCBGP Conference Planning Committee who helped us shape the agenda and ensure the sessions would be dynamic, interesting, and provide valuable information. The Planning Committee included:
- Melissa Ball, Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Karen Fedor, Maryland Department of Agriculture
- Johanna Herron, Division of Agriculture, Alaska Department of Natural Resources
- Sharon Hurd, Hawaii Department of Agriculture
- David Lucero, New Mexico Department of Agriculture
- Cindy Martel, West Virginia Department of Agriculture
- Nicole Moore, Illinois Department of Agriculture
- Gabrielle Redhead, Oregon Department of Agriculture
- Morgan Sheffield, Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
- Leisa Shumaker, Washington State Department of Agriculture
- Nicole Nelson Miller, USDA Agricultural Marketing Service
- Carly Borgmeier, USDA Agricultural Marketing Service
NASDA CEO Barb Glenn and USDA AMS Grants Division Director John Miklozek