2018 Grant Program: Spotted Lanternfly
Congratulations to our 2018 Invasive Pest Grant Award winners!
This year we are awarding a total of $60,000 to state departments of agriculture in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. Thegrant funds will help your state develop outreach and educational materials to help fight the spread of the Spotted Lanternfly.
Here are the 2018 grant recipients:
- Ethan Angell, New York State Department of Agriculture & Markets
- Dr. Faith Kuehn, Delaware Department of Agriculture
- Paul Kurtz, New Jersey Department of Agriculture
- Aaron Shurtleff, Maryland Department of Agriculture
- Dr. Ruth Welliver, Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
2018 Focus Area
Grant proposals need to focus on developing outreach and/or education plans that curb the spread of the Spotted Lanternfly within a state or across state borders. This grant focuses on Northeastern states impacted by this pest.
This grant is open to state departments of agriculture in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Virginia. We request that each state department of agriculture submit only one application. We are interested in awarding one grant to each of the six states. If one state does not submit an application, we will add additional funds to one or more of the grant recipients.
- April 23, 2018: Application opens
- May 11, 2018 (11:59 pm EST): Application closes
- May 14 - 17, 2018: Applications reviewed
- May 18, 2018: Announcement of grant award winners
- May 28, 2018: Grant funds distributed
- February 2019 (date TBA): Best practices conference
To view the grant application, go to "Featured Resources" below. Grant applications must be submitted online.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Lisa Benson at email@example.com.