The NASDA Foundation is planning a program for 25 MANRRS students’ participation in the MANRRS-NASDA Foundation Agriculture Policy Summit during NASDA’s Winter Policy Conference. Would the your department considering sponsoring MANRRS students to participate in the summit this year?
Sponsored students from the MANRRS chapters in your state will learn:
- How agricultural policies impact local communities, states, and the nation.
- About emerging agricultural policies in agriculture production, environmental resources, and nutrition that impact American agriculture.
- How to advocate for policies they care about.
- About careers in agriculture policy at the state and national levels.
- About diverse career opportunities, mentorships, and internships offered at state departments of agriculture.
- Network with state department of agriculture staff.
- Network with students from across the country.
Cost: $1,000 per student which includes:
- Registration to NASDA Winter Policy Conference & Ag Policy Summit events.
- Registration for student-focused Ag Policy Webinar Series.
- Registration box including ag policy handbook.
To sponsor a student, contact NASDA Foundation Executive Director Lisa Benson.
Does your state have a MANRRS chapter? Not sure? Contact MANRRS Chief Operating Officer Ebony Webber.
Currently, the Kentucky Department of Agriculture is sponsoring five MANRRS students, the California Department of Food & Agriculture is sponsoring six MANRRS students, and the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture is sponsoring six MANRRS students to participate the Summit.
The MANRRS-NASDA Foundation Agriculture Policy Summit serves as a foundational element of the NASDA-MANRRS-NASDA Foundation MOU to grow diversity in agricultural government affairs and agriculture industry leadership.