Connect | Inspire | Preserve
Farm to School Pre-Conference
Expanding Market Opportunities for Farmers & Ranchers
The NASDA Foundation is hosting the first-ever Farm to School Pre-Conference ahead of the 2018 NASDA Annual Meeting on Saturday, September, 8, 2018. This one-day conference will provide state department of agriculture staff with in-depth sessions on increasing farmers' and ranchers' sales of products into schools. Sessions will explore training and resources available to help farmers sell to schools, working with the DoD Fresh Program, and creating grant programs to accelerate innovation. Learn more.
Dropbox for conference participants: https://goo.gl/r3ge2L
Spring 2018 Progress Report
Here are some highlights from this quarter's report.
- Northeast: Awarded grants totaling $60,000 to state departments of agriculture in DE, MD, PA, NJ, NY to combat the Spotted Lanternfly.
- Midwest: Developed nutrient management project proposal to support departments of agriculture in IL, IN, MI, MN, OH.
- West: Developing a women in agriculture project idea to support female entrepreneurs with value-added businesses in partnership with state depts. of agriculture in OR and WA.
- South: Delivered Congressional farm tour in partnership with state dept. of agriculture in FL.
Check out our Spring 2018 Report.
The NASDA Foundation is the only educational and research organization that directly serves the nation's state departments of agriculture. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our mission is to advance agriculture to shape a changing world.
We work with states to:
- Connect farmers to new markets
- Inspire change across the supply chain
- Preserve the environment, while maintaining agricultural viability
State departments of agriculture staff can submit project ideas to the NASDA Foundation. Download the proposal form here. Email the completed form to Dr. Lisa Benson at email@example.com. If you have questions, feel free to contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.