The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act passed the Senate with a bipartisan vote. The next stop is the House of Representatives. NASDA sent a letter to Speaker Pelosi urging House leadership to take up the bill upon its return from the district work period. NASDA also signed on to a supporting letter sent to the Senate from the Ag Transportation Work Group. The Infrastructure Package would issue the following funding:
- $65 billion to rural broadband
- $40 billion directly to states
- $2 billion for USDA’s Reconnect Program
- $127 billion for roads, bridges, ports, and inland waterways
- $88 million for the State Fire Assistance program and $24 million for the Volunteer Fire Assistance program to assist state and local fire departments for wildland fire prevention and suppression.